The digital learning content management business solutions producer, eXact learning solutions, has announced its largest ever presence at a Learning Technologies event. Attracting over 7,500 visitors from around the world, this year’s show – which includes a conference, seminars and an exhibition – is being held in London’s Olympia on 1st and 2nd February 2017.
In addition to exhibiting at the event – on stand E1 – eXact learning solutions’ products will also be featured in one of the event’s seminars, entitled ‘Making Microlearning a reality without ever leaving your LCMS’. Taking place on 2nd February, in Theatre 2, from 12.30 to 13.00, the free-to-attend seminar is led by Bryan Eldridge, eXact learning solutions’ Director of Professional Services, North America.
“Microlearning – the learning strategy that focuses on delivering training and performance support in small, focused chunks – has been a concept for over 15 years but a key obstacle to its adoption has been confusion around how to manage it within a traditional learning management system (LMS) implementation,” explained Bryan. “Technology advances now mean that this confusion can be overcome – by using a modern learning content management system (LCMS).”
Bryan’s presentation includes:
• Strategies for using organizational learning transformation initiatives to introduce microlearning
• How to use common LCMS features to support role-based microlearning offerings
• A pedagogical framework for disambiguating between learning modalities and content chunk sizes for learning offerings
• A sample decision framework to determine what types of content can, or should, be delivered directly from the LCMS/Digital Repository
• Cases showing how xAPI (‘Tin Can’) can play a role in maximising the value of microlearning
“Our biggest-ever presence at a Learning Technologies show enables us to display some new, really cool things – especially from a user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) perspective,” commented Valerio Torda, eXact learning solutions’ Managing Director.
“We’ll also be able to show visitors to our stand some of the improvements we’re making to our LCMS – notably to make navigation simpler and tasks quicker,” he added. “Our marketing focus groups tell us that the LCMS’s new, leading edge styling should prove popular – with visitors to our stand and with the LCMS’s users.”